Want To Fight Climate Change?
Do you believe that reversing climate change is possible and want to work to make it happen? Then maybe you are the person we are looking for. GoClimate is founded on the belief that we can solve the climate crisis and is driven by our mission to make it so easy to act on slowing down climate change that everyone can contribute to it.
We as a team care about the world as well as each other, and are now looking for the next member to join us.
We're looking for a person who's curious to:
- Build and design technology solutions that make an impact.
- Work in a truly cross-functional team that goes beyond just development and design, with ownership of the full product process including customer interaction and business development.
Since we’re a small team with flexible roles there are other responsibilities that could be relevant to add to this position depending on your areas of interest and passions.
Working With Us
We're an organization driven by our purpose: to fight climate change. We call ourselves a social enterprise, by which we mean that this purpose –not profit– will always be our most important measure of success.
In addition to working towards a sustainable climate, we believe strongly in a sustainable work environment. We continuously find the building blocks that we need within the team, to balance steady progress with the ability to live a rich life outside of work, whether that means flexible hours, flexible work location or something else.
We don’t want you to just “fit in” to our current work culture. We want you to help us shape it. Taking in a new team member is the best chance we have to increase creativity and add new perspectives, so we encourage you to highlight other strengths than those specifically outlined below. With us, you are welcome regardless of gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, race or size.
Read more about working with us on our jobs site.
What We Offer
- A team working together with you to slow down climate change in a big way.
- Be a leader. Our work is structured with the expectation that we’re all leaders in our own different areas. See something you’d like to change? Nothing is “not your business”. (Not ready to take prominent leadership? That’s absolutely fine too.)
- Flexible work hours. Our foundation is 30 hours per week.
- Flexible work location. We value collaborating in person, but outside of meetings and a few core hours, we all work when and where it makes the most sense.
Because of the way we work, we’re looking for a person who has:
- the ability to self-direct your work with our purpose in mind
- a mindset of continuous improvement of all aspects of work
- a preference to working as part of a team
To be a good fit for this position, we believe you are good at:
- Building a product for its impact and value to the user.
- Back-end web development in Ruby on Rails.
- Incremental development, such as a test-driven approach to programming and using user testing and hypothesis validation as an engine for product improvement.
We see every team member working on our product as product developers in their own way, each of us with a different combination of overlapping skill sets. Having an interest in user experience design & research, visual design, or product management is welcome but not required.
We’re looking for someone with a few years of experience working in product or development teams, but being the right fit for the team is more important than specific previous experience.
We value diverse backgrounds, personalities and perspectives and encourage applications from people of all walks of life. You can send your application in either English or Swedish.
We expect to review and respond to applications by mid April.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at our team email email@example.com. We look forward to your application!